Chana Dal Khichdi By Taru Sindhwani
- Rice – 1cup
- Soaked chana daal -1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 cup
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
- Ginger small piece
- Desi ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1tablespoon
- Bay leaves -2
- Cloves – 2-3
- Black peppercorns -5-7
- Cumin seeds -1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ciba Garam Masala -1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Water -2cups
- Wash and soak chana dal in hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and heat it.
- Add cloves, bay leaves, cardamom and peppercorns.
- Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add chana dal, salt, turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Add onions , garlic ,ginger , rice , Ciba Garam Masala and lemon juice
- Add remaining water and cook for 1 whistle and then simmer the gas.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and switch off the gas.
Delicious and healthy “Chana Dal Khichdi” is ready. Serve with raita and curd.