Lauki Kofta By Somya Gupta
- Grated lauki 250 gms
- Besan 1 /2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Saunf 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of hing
- Malai/ cream – 1/2 cup
- Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato puree – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Curd 1 cup
- Ciba Garam Masala 1 teaspoon
- Ciba Kitchen King Masala 1 teaspoon
- Ciba Kashmiri Mirch 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Coriander powder
- Salt according to taste
- Ginger and green chili paste – 1 teaspoon
- Oil 2 tablespoons for gravy and remaining for deep frying kofta
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing the curry
- Mix all the ingredients of kofta and make medium size balls.
- Heat enough oil on medium flame and fry the koftas till it gets golden brown color.
- Set them aside and let us prepare the gravy for curry.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera till crackles.
- Add Ciba Garam Masala and saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add ginger and chili paste and saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add tomato puree, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Saute until the oil gets separated from spices on medium flame.
- Add beaten curd, malai and stir continuously the curry until gravy starts boiling.
- Now add enough water, koftas and add remaining spices and salt.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch off the gas and add chopped coriander in the gravy.
Delicious lauki kofta is ready to be served with hot phulkas/ rice!