Pithod Do Pyaza By Somya Gupta
- Gram flour/ besan – 1/2 cup
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Water/ pani – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Oil/ tel – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/ jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder
- Coriander/ dhaniya powder
- Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Curd/ dahi – 1 cup
- Tomato/ tamatar puree – 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Ciba kashmiri chili/ mirch – 1 teaspoon
- Ciba kitchen king masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves – a handful
- Take a microwave safe bowl and mix all ingredients of pithod
- Make a thin batter by adding water as required.
- Take a bowl and add curd, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, saunf, garam masala, ciba kashmiri mirch, salt and kitchen king.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Cook pithod in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove and beat the batter. Again, cook for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove and beat again. For the last time, cook for 1 minute in the microwave and beat.
- Spread it on a plate. Thickness should be 1/2 inches. Cut them into rectangular shape once it is cooled down.
- Take a nonstick tawa and shallow fry pithod until golden in color using 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera to it.
- When jeera crackles, add onions and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree to it. Saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add curd and all the spices. Stir continuously on low flame.
- When the masala is cooked(oil being separated from the sides)
- Add pithod in the gravy.
- Simmer and cook the pithod with the gravy for 4-5 minutes so that all the flavors are well absorbed into the pittod.
- An indication for the cooking is done when the gravy leaves the oil and we get a oily layer on the top.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Delicious ‘Pithod Do Pyaza’ is ready now. Serve hot with roti/phulka/naan/rice and enjoy.