Sambar By Ruchika Vineet Sapra
SAMBAR WITH RICE
Time to cook – 45 mins
Servings – 4 person
- Arhar dal – 1/2 cup
- Lauki/ bottle gourd (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin(chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Carrot (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes (chopped) – 1 cup
- Onion (sliced) – 1/2 cup
- Curry patta- 8-10
- Tamarind pulp – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Red Chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ciba Taaza Sambhar Masala – 2 tablespoons
- Water- 5 cups
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pressure cooker, add dal and all the chopped veggies except onions and tomatoes.
- Add half cup tomatoes, one tablespoon sambhar masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add water and cook for 30 minutes. When the dal gets cooked, mash it with a ladle.
- Heat oil in a pan to prepare tadka. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Let it splutter. Add dry red chillies.
- Add sliced onions and remaining tomatoes. Saute for around 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining sambhar masala and tamarind pulp to tadka.
- Add tadka to dal.
- ‘Vegetable Sambhar’ is ready to be served in your meals.